Kabuye Sugar Works Ltd (KSW) is one of the largest Agro Processing Company operating in Rwanda for the past over 23 years.
KSW employs over 500 individuals directly and supports 3500 farmers to supply sugarcane to the factory thereby contributing positively to the livelihood of over 45,000 individuals and families in the area.
Kabuye Sugar Works Ltd (KSW)
Management therefore to clarify the issues that appeared in the on line article “Gasobo.net”
- The individual named in the article is the Financial Controller for KSW and is in no way related to the Managing Director as alleged in the article.
- The 8 workers who allege to have been ‘harassed’by the individual are part of the Kabuye Community team of loaders who work and are paid under a team leader of their choice. The said workers are not direct employees of the Company and are employed on a need-based manner. It is pertinent to note that the Company employs over 500 individuals directly and only 8 claim to have been victimized.
- All employees of the Company are provided with protective clothing as required and are covered under community insurance that caters for any medical eventualities.
- KSW is part of the Madhvani Group that has been operating in East Africa for over 100 years. The Group employs over 20,000 individuals directly and supports the livelihood of over 100,000 individuals in the region.
- The Group is committed to observance and adherence to the local laws and regulations in place including participation in Genocide anniversary activities and would not tolerate any deviation from these principles.
- KSW has always been in the forefront of participation with the community and contributes substantially towards the well being of its fellow Rwandans in the field of education, healthcare and such other activities as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).